UniSafe® 1mL Auto-injector
A reusable, mechanical, companion auto-injector for UniSafe® 1mL safety syringe available with optional connectivity*
Reducing waste and environmental impact
- UniSafe® 1mL Auto-injector’s reusable design reduces waste and environmental impact compared to typical usage with disposable auto-injectors. UniSafe® 1mL safety syringe is the only disposable part and weighs only 5g which is significantly less than cassette system designs.
- UniSafe® 1mL Auto-injector electronics are housed in the lid and the device can be disassembled for separate disposal and recycling of parts.
- A life cycle analysis has been conducted for UniSafe® 1mL Auto-injector to help understand the environmental impacts of materials, manufacturing, and transportation of the device. Using this information will help us to improve and optimise the device design and supply chain in the future.
Ensuring medication delivery for the patient
- UniSafe® 1mL Auto-injector’s mechanical drug delivery is not dependent on battery function so the patient can always receive their medication.
- UniSafe® 1mL Auto-injector provides true end of dose confirmation via clear audible and visible feedback. The continuous dose progression indicator helps to prevent early device removal and provides patients with reassurance that medication delivery is completed.
- There is no reliance on software for critical patient indicators.
- Patients can rely on the fail-safe design of UniSafe® 1mL Auto-injector as medication can be administered independently of the autoinjector, using the UniSafe® 1mL safety syringe.
- UniSafe® 1mL Auto-injector has a lifetime battery* so no charging required and it is always ready for use. (*4 years total battery life with 2 years on shelf).
Enabling ease of use
- UniSafe® 1mL Auto-injector shows continual dose progression via an LED indicator which can be adjusted to required drug delivery time to provide dose delivery confirmation for the patient whatever the drug.
- With an inbuilt injection error indicator patients are notified of any drug delivery failures.
- UniSafe® 1mL Auto-injector’s dampening glide technology creates a smooth and controlled drug delivery providing comfort and reassurance for the patient as well as helping to prevent syringe damage.
- UniSafe® 1mL Auto-injector is consistent and easy to activate and use with no additional user steps.
- UniSafe® 1mL Auto-injector helps to protect against needlestick injuries and mitigate needle phobia with a needle which is concealed before, during and after use.
Facilitating data exchange
- UniSafe® 1mL Auto-injector has the option for inbuilt connectivity for data exchange between patients and healthcare providers helping to both track and improve therapy compliance.
- There Is no docking required with UniSafe® 1mL Auto-injector as automatic data transfer takes place once Bluetooth® connection is made.
- UniSafe® 1mL Auto-injector automatically turns on the Bluetooth® communications when the shroud is pressed onto the injection site.
- UniSafe® 1mL Auto-injector has an internal memory and automatically stores data for over 1000 records allowing medication history to be retained for the life of the device.
|Dimensions and weight||L=199mm (with cap) W=49mm H=40mm Weight=170g UniSafe®=1mL 5g|
|Passive needle safety||Needle shroud on UniSafe® syringe automatically deployed during auto-injector use|
|Primary container/syringe type||Standard glass cropped (cut) flange assembled in UniSafe® 1mL safety syringe|
|Syringe size and fill volume||0.2 – 1.0 mL in UniSafe® 1mL safety syringe|
|Needle insertion and drug delivery||Automatic, pressure activation with mechanical drug delivery|
|Needle type and gauge||Up to 29G TW – dependent on drug fill, viscosity and injection time|
|Needle insertion depth (subcutaneous)||Set to inject at 6.5 mm +/-1.5mm|
|Needle shield type||Rigid needle shield (removed and retained by auto-injector cap, with user release)|
|Start and end of dose notification||Visual continuous LED confirmation during dose delivery plus mechanical flag and distinct audible alert at end of dose – can be adjusted to individual drug specific hold time|
|Connectivity and power (LED and Bluetooth®)||Bluetooth® and life-time battery (4 years after manufacture) – automatic data transfer on Bluetooth® connection|
|Data storage (connected option)||Automatic dose history storage for lifetime of product (over 1000 records) even during power loss|
Click on the +numbered icons to discover more about the device
Ergonomic safety cap with inbuilt RNS remover
Continuous dose progression LED indicator
Lid remains locked while device is in use
UniSafe® 1mL secured inside the auto-injector. Device will not function if UniSafe® is not inserted or positioned correctly
Mechanical yellow ‘flag’ confirms dose completion (no power needed)
Bluetooth® connectivity indicator
Plunger sensing technology to confirm dose delivery
Electronics housed in lid for separate disposal
Hidden needle helps with needle phobias
Contoured ergonomic shape and design for ease of use across multiple patient demographics
Automatic mechanical priming on opening and closing of lid
Smooth facia for product branding
Latch to secure lid and facilitate opening
Cap removes syringe RNS
UniSafe® 1mL safety syringe